Monday 6 June 2016

Review: Yonex ArcSaber FD

Hi, 

Thanks for dropping by again, let me jump into my first ever racquet review of the Yonex ArcSaber FD. Which is quite a new addition by Yonex to it's ArcSaber series.

And the specs?

Flex: Stiff
Weight: 5UG4
Balancing Point: Even Balance
Level: Beginner/Intermediate

Hitting Time..
My response with this racquet is pretty fast, flat drive is excellent. Mean while, the balancing point is actually more towards head-heavy. I would say it measure about 8/10 compare to Voltric 8 LD that I've used before. Due to its light-weight, therefore I still can have quick response with its head heavy balance frame. Smash power is experiencing a little lacking at the baseline but I do not encounter any problem with lob or drop shots (It perform relatively well). However, with good muscle strength, you still can pull a powerful smash out of it.

String:
Yonex BG68Ti at 24lbs.

Grip:
Yonex AC104ex (Wave Grip).

Score:
Power: 7.5/10
Speed: 9/10
Control: 8/10
Defense: 7.5/10
Drive: 9/10
Look: 9/10
Value: 9/10

Price? 
Retail at RM189 without string & grip (Sunrise price)
You may find a good condition secondhand price around RM170.

Some pictures:





Last but not least, after i've applied Yonex Stencil logo on it.



Best Regards,

Alan Lim
Z-Force Badminton

No comments:

Post a Comment